Sunday, March 20, 2011

Frugal Organizing Tips

It was late at night and I was in bed doing one of my favorite things.....listening to a podcast!  Haha, I know what some of you were thinking!  The podcast I was listening to was What Really Matters with Vicky and Jen and they were sharing some great organizing tips.  Some of them I had heard before but while they are fresh on my mind I thought I would share with you.

I don't know how many times I have looked at those pretty velvet jewelry organizers and been oh so tempted to buy them, thank goodness I never did.  Hello ice cube trays!  Who cares if there not fancy and velvet, no one is going to see them besides you and another great thing about the trays is they are stackable so it's a great space saver.  Another great tip is shoeboxes, these are great to use as drawer dividers especially for things like your delicates.  Do you need a drawer organizer for a narrow space, how about a velveeta carton?  I'll have to admit I have gotten pretty bad about throwing away all those sour cream and butter containers with lids just because I didn't have the space to store them, but the possibilities with them are endless, so those days are over.  They are perfect to send leftovers home or for arts and craft projects with the kids, one of the girls had the great idea that she always freezes water in a few of hers and she always has blocks of ice for the cooler.

I saw on another blog where you could turn diaper boxes into really pretty fabric lined bins as well as formula containers into really nice pencil holders or whatever.  I am currently saving all of mine, however I have not one crafty bone in my body, so I will be sure and let you know how those turn out!  What are some of your frugal organizing tips, I'm sure there are tons that I would have never even thought about out there, so I can't wait to read about them!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment