Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Swap Party

So, I attended my first swap party over the weekend and decided to post information and maybe get some other ideas.  When I was first invited I thought it was a good idea, although not as excited as my co-writer Stacey, who has already scheduled a swap party of her own.  The whole idea is to take things you want to get rid of and swap for other things that people bring.  The way you get the items you want is a little tricky because others may want the same items.  At this paticular party you brought 5 items that you wanted to "swap" and you got 5 clothes pins with your name on them to put on 5 items you would like to have.  You could put one pin on each item you wanted or put several pins on an item your really wanted to make you chances of getting that item greater.  There was everything imaginable at the party, purses, jackets, jewelry, pictures, dishes, books, toys, gadgets of all sorts....somewhat too broad in my opinion.  I like to idea of the "swap" but not the process, I ended up bringing most of my original items home and not really getting anything I truly wanted or really needed.

Stacey has decided to host an "On the Go" swap party, with a little input from me;-)  We will bring purses, wallets, bags, totes etc.  Stacey also plans to have future theme parties.  So, any ideas of having a more successful "swap" would be appreciated. 

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment